Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Shape to Symbol GIF Reflection


1. While using Photoshop, what was the most frustrating aspect of the program and/ or project?
Using Photoshop for the first time for a project, the most frustrating aspect must have been the difficulty in finding specific tools and options. Photoshop has a wide variety of options and tools making it hard to find a tool that is actually needed. For example, it took a long time to find the shape tool which allowed me to do the "pow" design in my GIF. 

2. After completing the project, which tools do you feel most confident in using?
Among the large variety of tools, the most confident I feel in using is the paintbrush tool because it is generally in many other programs like Paint so I am used to it. However Photoshop allows for a larger choice in option of brush and size which was fun to play around with. Also I have grown accustomed to the eyedropper tool. The eyedropper tool is really simple to use yet really beneficial to get the same color which saved a lot of time.

3. Which tool do you wish you were better at using? Why?
I wish I was better at using the Marquee Tool. The Marquee tool has so many options to choose from, from deselection, add to selection, subtract selection and intersect with selection. Although we had a lesson on the tool, it is still hard to use. If I was better at using the Marquee, I think I can make my GIF cleaner and add in different details.

4. What would you like to create next with Photoshop?
For the next project using Photoshop, I would like to create logos or advertisements because in Yearbook we are learning a similar concept. I would like to be able to improve on my Photoshop skills by doing projects on logo and advertisements so I can apply it to my Yearbook class. Also creating logos is really fun! 

DRAFT: THUMBNAILS


2 comments:

  1. Yours is adorable! I especially like your transition between frames, it seems really smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the character because it's very adorable as well as being very detailed with the addition of the "spark" creates a sense of action. Additionally the message feels very relatable so I understand the reaction of the person's face.

    ReplyDelete