Sunday, December 21, 2014

Typography
















1. You must identify which category the type is under
2. Where and what was the type used for?
3. Do you find the typeface to be appropriate for its purpose?







1. Slab Serif
2. Location: school
    Purpose: Poster
3. It's a simple design that works well with the concept. It's not overdone which is appropriate for the message the poster expresses






1. Script
2. Location: School
    Purpose: Poster
3. In my opinion, a decorative font would have been the better option. The font does not enhance the meaning but it is still a nice looking font
1. Sans Serif
2. Location: School
    Purpose: Poster
3. It's basic but acceptable. The decoration and color enhances the idea so the font is fine as it is
1. Modern
2. Location: Library
    Purpose: Book
3. I see no harm in using a Modern Font in this display






1. Old School
2. Location: Library
    Purpose: Logo design on box
3. It is deemed appropriate as it is simple and goes well with the concept

1. Decorative
2. Location: Library
    Purpose: Book
3. I'm uncertain whether the design is appropriate as I have never read the book before. However it is a unique font which I like

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that the "people over pixels" poster would look nicer if it had been written in a decorative font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree about the people over pixels. I think that script is good because since the message of the poster says People above pixels emphasizing the human aspect which an example is handwriting.

    ReplyDelete