Sunday, February 1, 2015

Art At MOMA

Artist: Laura Owens
Piece: Untitled 2014

 

1. Where: Where is this artwork? What kinds of artwork were around this piece?
The artwork is located on the 3rd floor of MOMA. I am not entirely sure which exact exhibition room the art was in. However the pieces that surround it were:

















2. What about this piece drew your attention? Does it remind you of something else?
There's a simplicity to the artwork. Yet it is unique. I have not seen anything like it before. Owens incorporates words and adds a magnify effect to it. The story written in the text is amusing also. It resembles everyday looseleaf with words with the difference of the shadows that were used to create a 3-d effect. In a sense, it also relates back to the current project we are working on: typography.

3. What do you know about the artwork or artist?
Prior to this encounter, I have never seen the artwork or heard of the artist before. There is not much detail given on the tag next to the artwork either.

4 comments:

  1. U have the same art work as Sharonnnnnnn :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually more interested in the design that's completely green. I find it interesting how it's still considered as a piece of art despite being so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like one of those galleries where I would walk in and say "I could do that when I was five". All very simple and to the point pieces but they probably only seem that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I remember discussing about which artwork we liked better in the second picture... For both pictures though, you could really see the simplicity of the works. It's interesting how a simple piece can be considered as art (because like come on, even we can make this) lol :)

    ReplyDelete